If you know me personally, you know that I can be a control freak. This is something I am working hard on and I think I am getting better. I used to be (and maybe still am) an obsessive planner. This is the thing I have been working the hardest on. I tend to plan too far out resulting in a lot of heartbreak. I find it hard not to plan, especially when my life’s passion and aspirations have never been so clear. Unfortunately, once again I have planned and once again heartbreak. Okay, so maybe I am being a little dramatic. Here’s what’s up… you know how people have a five-year plan? Well, I am 3 years in and have had to drastically hit the brakes. I can still see my goal and I will still continue to work hard to reach it (and I will reach it by God) it’s just going to take longer than I PLANNED. See, there’s that word again.
I will end on a positive note; things I am thankful for. Listing things I am grateful for in the moment drastically improves my mental state and helps realign me and get me back on track. Next time you are having a tough time and think your day couldn’t possibly get any worse, take a deep breath and list 10 things you are thankful for. It helps, promise.
Here are the things I am thankful for today:
1. My loving husband, Nick who always puts up with my shenanigans with grace
2. The amazing fall colors on our tiny homestead
3. My friends who always make me laugh (even when I don’t feel like it)
4. The fall garden and all its abundance
5. My health
6. Hand knit blankets and hot tea
7. The warmth of snuggly dogs
8. My chickens who produce us so much food and give us so much comic relief
9. Learning how to live for the day
10. All of the wonderful people who inspire me and keep me pushing forward. YOU!